Friday, January 29, 2021

a particularly tough week. (musings)

Sometimes I want to write things out but when they get to a certain level of bad I just don't. I started the week finding four more obituaries... and there's been more news watching here for some reason, and that's always depressing. I did fill my car with Out Pile stuff and took it to donate. A certain amount of this declutter effort is depressing, when I run into unfinished project after unfinished project. 

Then I was reminded of a comment when I gave one of my kids a quilt for their wedding, and he said FINALLY.... but reality is that quilt I told him I would do WHEN HE WAS IN COLLEGE never got done. It is all cut out, squares assembled.... and sitting in a box. 

So I am allowing myself a couple days of Unfinished Project grief, then I must decide if I am going to finish it, or if I can just let it go. There are so many shouldas wouldas couldas running around in here, it paralyzes me from doing anything. I just sit there and kick myself. NOT HELPFUL.

And creativity??? For some odd reason I felt like making teensy crocheted flowers. So I've made a few, and got some red crochet thread and "natural" to make a few mini doilies for my quilted hearts. 

I did a rolodex card, since I was doing Cat's Red page. 

It just seems ordinary and BLAH. But that's how I'm feeling. And it's not even a great picture of it. Sadly, I don't care. Maybe I will care later.




No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)