Thursday, January 7, 2021

giving thanks through my tears

The last few days have been so hard. My heart is heavy with what is going on in our country, our world. Our leader is encouraging violence, wanting to overthrow the election... it is surreal. 

But I'm trying to be thankful anyway. I was being thankful that so few died in the riot, but just now found out another has died of his injuries. And that there are many still in the hospital.


Back to thankful. I'm just looking around for thankful. My Christmas tree is still up. I've taken off the ornaments, but the lights are still there, and since my topper died I put up my grandson's star on the top with a light in the middle. That tree is representing light in the dark, hope in the dark. So it's there for a few more days, I think. We will see.









And my rolodex card for the day. A bit of a notepad page, and a couple stickers. Simple but it says what I wanted to say today.
 post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)