Saturday, January 30, 2021

another mini doily

I was so excited about this doily I forgot to take a picture before I put it on my quilted heart. I used a

smaller hook, and in some ways it was actually easier, since the thread seemed to go more smoothly and was much easier to work it. It only took me about ten minutes to do, so I think I will end up doing more. This is the third project with this fabric!! Originally it was a quilt made by my great grandma, well worn with stains and holes,  and a long time ago my mom made it into vests for her granddaughters, herself, and for me. However, the vests were all tiny and my daughter and I are not. I don't know if my niece got one, she's tiny so it would be wearable. Anyway, I decided to cut the three I have up and make these hearts, some to give away, and a couple for keepsakes for my daughter and I. I got  four hearts per vest! They are around 5 inches across.
I am pleased with how they turned out, I already gave one away,  Some have lavender in them, except the one for my daughter, who doesn't tolerate the smell of lavender which is sad since I love it so much. I just made hers unscented. So now I just have to embellish the rest, and these little doilies are perfect for the vintage fabric. 

I also cleared out two more bags of clothes, ten T shirts gone, as well as a bunch of hangers. I can't believe how many hangers I have. I should not be surprised, since they were Mom's, Evelyn's, and Loretta's as well as mine. I even found a wooden hanger from Hilton Hotels, which must have been from my uncle Alan. I come from a family of SAVERS. Not a bad thing, nobody had a trash house just full closets and lots of boxes. 
 post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)