Sunday, January 10, 2021

art journaling again

Today was such an odd day. We've had such bad news the last few days, I've had a hard time sleeping (go ahead and scold me for not "giving it to the Lord" but it wasn't for a want of trying. My heart is troubled that anyone in this country wants civil war and I don't even know what they want to fight about.)

Okay. Back to art journaling. After I got the background how I liked it, (from this post) I was baffled as to what else I wanted on it. I have other backgrounds that are just stuck away waiting for something, and usually before long something hits me. Today, I was putting away the lovely calendar I rescued and looking through it to see if there was something I might use. I saw this and the colors were all there. So here it is. Usually, I will do more to the background, I added a wonderful new leaves stamp that I have, just shadowy. I may add more later but I really like the softness. Sometimes I'll write on the background, either from my head or perhaps a poem or other sentiment. It's waiting for that. I did write on the back of the page, and that might be all I do since I sharpie ghosted in the first place. 

Meantime it's going in my art journal notebook with my other pages, waiting to see if I ever want to put any more on it. It IS making me want a lilac bush or two, and maybe a birdhouse in the back yard, since our kitty is now a totally indoor kitty. Although there is another kitty that comes over sometimes and digs in the yard. That kitty left me a headless mouse body one morning. Wasn't that nice??

 post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)