Sunday, January 3, 2021

Scrappy mixed media, and more musings.

Did a few Rolodex things. What do I call them, Rolodex pages? They are just teensy, they aren't exactly page size. So I guess they are Rolodex things. LOL

The top left is from a napkin, I love that napkin, and have used it several times. They come with around ten to a package, it would be good to have someone to trade with, The one on the top right I did awhile ago, but today when I was on my walk that little red tree was just sitting there on the ground waiting to be picked up, so I put it on that one. The bottom left is from the bottom of one of those advertising notepads, with some stickers added. More Scrappy Rescue. 


I got all excited today when I saw the 2020 calendar getting tossed. HAD to rescue it, it is full of BIRDS. The bottom right card is from the calendar. I love the birds as well as butterflies, so can always use snippets of the color.


Yes, I know I'm odd. I pick stuff up in the street and raid the garbage....

I remember a boy I liked in high school. He wrote in my yearbook, "Els, you're odd" He called me Els which was short for Linda, which at the time was the world's most common name. Everyone's mom seemed to think that it was unusual. HA. Anyway I was really sad that he just thought of me as odd. I thought since he called me "Els" that was a term of endearment or something. LOL When you are older you just laugh at that stuff. But it's painful at the time. 

I guess the older you get the more often those little memories get triggered. Then I remembered one of my hubby, since I knew him from way back as well. I used to love to take my dog out and we would fly like the wind all over town, she running and I on my roller skates. I usually didn't care who saw me but around that time I had been noticing him more again, and there he was, walking and grinning when he saw me. I was humiliated and went straight home and climbed up on the roof. Little did I know that he was going to walk down THAT side of the street, and see me sitting on the roof. I thought for sure that was the end of hope for any relationship with HIM since I was so embarrassed. But we dated later, but married others, and then what do you know, thirty years go by, and we end up married. And twenty years after that, we are still making each other laugh. You just don't know.

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)