Sunday, December 13, 2020

Betsy McCall got a new dress

She's been begging for a new dress, since the one she has is around 50 years old, made by my mom when I was in around 4th grade. I had one to match, and there's a picture somewhere of me in the dress. I should try to find it. 

Anyway, I've been  meaning to do this for quite some time, but the last time I got Betsy out, her stringing was unstrung and her poor head was rolling around. I studied up thanks to Atelier Mandaline and got her restrung. But then she sat for awhile longer. I found some fabric to make her a dress, but put it "somewhere". The other day I was looking at the fabric I made a mask from and thought, maybe there's enough for a little doll dress... and Betsy was the first one I thought of. Both Betsys could use a new dress, but this one was my original, so I thought I better make hers first so she wouldn't get mad at me. 

oh yeah. imagination. 

She looks pretty good for 63. Shhhh don't tell her I told.






post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)