Saturday, December 12, 2020

Ten years used to sound like a long time. HA

Ten years ago today. One of the things I like about this blog is that I can go back and see what I was up to Before. Here's my blog post from ten years ago today:

So I meandered a bit back in the ten years ago memories, the cards I was making, the quilt I finished, and it was a good meander. Then I went out in the back yard and meandered for a bit too. It has been raining so the ground is softening and it's exciting! A ton of stuff sprouting, including a tiny potato I found out there, with about a 4 inch root, so I stuck it in a pot, hopefully will remember which one, it's a big one, that had zucchini in it last year. I planted some sunchokes in a huge pot over on the other side of the house, I found them at Raley's and a couple had teensy sprouts on them. Growing things makes my heart glad. And I used to grow sunchokes, had a whole bed of the gorgeous things. And they are tasty as well. Gave some to Kerry and he LIKED them. 

So getting out the thread, and finishing that quilt wall hanging, should only take me half an hour or so. DONE!!! Then I am going to find some fabric for doll dresses and cut a couple out. I found a pattern for the teensy 4 inch dolls, we will see if I can see well enough to do this. 

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)