Thursday, December 17, 2020

Ginny by Vogue

This is what poor Ginny looked like when I got her. She was offered "for parts" but I just couldn't give up on her. She was a MESS.... she looked like she had been displayed for a very long time, she was covered with that sticky kind of dust like on the top of the refrigerator. 

Her wig was falling apart. So I made a new wig base and sewed her hair on the new base. I've never done this before so it was kind of iffy. I ordered a brown curly wig for her Just in Case. 


So finally today I fixed her hair and she's wearing a dress made by Cindy Rice. I got it when Cindy had an odds and ends sale awhile ago. I guess the next dress needs to be a Ginny one, since there are two dolls and this one dress. Other than the Brownie uniform my mom made, but both Ginnys said they wanted something fancier. So right now they are sharing. 

yeah. imagination. Will I be one of those old ladies who carry around a baby doll in the nursing home??


Her head is still slightly tipped when her legs are straight. I don't know how to fix that, so she's tipping her head inquisitively until I know how do to that. She's just for display, after all she's sixty years old or so. 


NOTE>>>> I found a tutorial for how to fix her innards but it involves taking a razor blade and slicing her head and body in half... I think she will remain inquisitive, maybe someone in the future would be brave enough to do that, but not me. 


No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)