Wednesday, December 9, 2020

musings from December

First before the musing, I made an envelope for the song journal. 
First I took apart an envelope that they fit in, then collaged text and music scores on it, then distressed it with Vintage Photo distress ink. Then gave it a couple coats of mod podge for strength. I love it. Now I'm looking for a basket to put all these teensy journals I've been making in. 

Thing number two, a card. I found a piece of this resist paper, so I ink blended it with a couple of CP inks. It was about "slimline" size, so that's what I did. 


and finally, the musing.
This came up on my facebook memories from 2015. I had lost dad in March, then Mom ended up with two surgeries later in the year. I went to the thrift store to decompress from sitting in the hospital all day. I saw this, and was drawn to it somehow. It is really pretty, but a lot of the gold is worn off. I just could imagine a grandma somewhere who had love the teapot. So it comforted me somehow.

I took it back to Mom's where I had been staying while she was in the hospital, had a cup of tea, and the world was somehow better. It still makes me smile.

4 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Love your teapot and your pretty card and package. It is the things that give us moments of comfort that are so important and any time, and especially this year. My best wishes to your Mom and you and hope you are still enjoying your teapot. :)

Auntie Em said...

Oh my! I am so sorry. I just read your next post and you have written that your mom passed away. I am so sorry. I remember how heart broken I was after my mom died. It was the moments when I wanted to call ask again the magic about a certain recipe, since she kept most in her head or jotted down with sketchy notes on the back of an envelope or some such thing. The days when I had good news that I wanted to tell her or sad news that I needed some wise words to make me know it would be alright. Thankfully I had an amazing network of wonderful ladies who helped and guided me, most without ever knowing their part.
Take care and stay safe!

Lindy said...

Auntie Em, I do still enjoy my teapot. It has been hard, but one day at a time, and at least I'm past all the paperwork part, now just finally feeling like I can let go of some of her things. She died in April 2019.

Auntie Em said...

The paper work is almost mind numbing and keeps you going through the early weeks. One day at a time, dear, and I promise eventually the day will come when you can look back and remember her with a smile instead of the pain of grief.
{{{hugs}}}

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)