Friday, December 4, 2020

in the mail, sidetracked (no surprise)

Having an online conversation about inspiration, and it was kind of funny. Someone said she gets inspiration when she cleans her craft area, and makes notes for the next time she has crafting time. Why that was funny was I started cleaning up my craft room, and instead of clean, I got it more messy. But what a pretty mess.. bet you can't tell what these are made of...... drum roll.....

Toilet paper. I am loving these. Take a embossing folder, of course you have to have one of those. Swipe it with distress ink, you have to have that too LOL layer the toilet paper sheets in there and spritz with water, not getting them super wet but get them wet. Close up the folder and then run it through the die cut machine. You have to have one of those too. Spread them out carefully and let them dry overnight. That's what these are doing, drying. What am I going to do with them? I don't always know what that is. I think this will be a little book, just an art journal thing, but I like both sides of these so I will just bind them into a book.

Here is the video inspiration   https://youtu.be/g45nF6Z-xm8     just saw it, and looked interesting.

My snack bag book is coming along, I'm just doing whatever I want so far. No pictures yet, I've done a couple backgrounds, but no finished pages.

In the mail. Yes all cards got finished, addressed, and IN THE MAIL. WOW!! Party time. 

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. So thinking about him lots, and remembering.


post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)