Saturday, December 12, 2020

interesting OOPS (Outstanding Opportunity Presenting Suddenly)

I got an order from Stencil Girl, sometimes I'm crazy and order more stencils as if I need them, and there was a feather that looked cool to me, and I ordered it. Last night just before bed I grabbed a card front and some ink and thought, that would make a great card. However, I didn't really like what happened, since the ink blending tool I grabbed was not Royal Treatment as I thought, it was Black. So what ended up was kind of an ugly purply black. At that point I dropped the blending tool and voila an ugly purple blob on the card, so I angrily ink blended purply black all over the card. It looked like rain clouds, except worse. So there was a mister sitting there, so I thought, maybe it would look better with some drops on it. Except the mister didn't exactly mist, it put out a LOT of water. Maybe because of my angry squeeze. It was so much it was drippy, and I thought, why don't I just throw it away. But I grabbed a rag and mopped up the water and guess what, it was a pinkish purply instead of a blackish purply. It looked like rock to me, and recently I got a card kit from Club Scrap, and there's a cool rock background stamp. The background was suddenly something I liked. Still didn't like the feather. So got out the stencil and did a solid black feather, and the card was warping at this point so after it was almost dry I put it under an acrylic block and weighed it down and left the room, kind of disgusted, even though I ought to know better by now.
This morning I went in to see the damage, and thought, what could I do with that feather?? So I took white pigment ink and a feather stamp and put it on top. 
It may change again, and I sure don't know what I will do with it, make a card, put it in an art journal, or use it to tear up for collage.  But it's growing on me. And some of that anger has dissipated. All good. Whether I keep it or not. 

When I remember to look for something in the OOPS it always helps.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)