Wednesday, December 30, 2020

New Year's Eve's Eve

Fancy lunch today. I am trying to get the freezer cleaned out, hubby sometimes sticks a can of soda in there and then forgets it. I ignored it last time, and with this pandemic here we have kind of been hoarding food. I found some excellent pork chops in there. No freezer burn, beautiful.
Fancy meals have been few and far between. I don't know what tomorrow will be, probably a Fathead dough pizza (made with mozz cheese and almond flour, low carb) 
Anyway today's creativity. The broccoli was also in the freezer. I'm not that much of a fan of frozen broccoli, but with some garlic, onions, cheddar cheese with some slivered almonds on the top... pretty tasty. Needed some noodles, or bread, or rice... but didn't have any, so it's all good. 

Other creativity. Cat Hand is starting a new Mixed Media Morsels series in January, it's a book of color. Each page will focus on one color. I think it sounds like great fun. So I made a cover for my little color journal. It started with the cardinal, it was on a calendar I was tossing (although the calendar went in my scrap pile LOL when I was reminded about needing color scraps!

I did a couple other journal pages, and a few rolodex cards but I didn't take pictures. Another day.


The orange is actually printed with a tangerine LOL... I had a few that were pretty dried out, so on a whim I cut one in half and that's the result. I did a whole page. I took a piece of paper towel and folded it into a pad, and put some reinker on it and used that for an ink pad because I didn't want to contaminate my ink pad of course. A few stickers, an embellishment with a button that I've had for YEARS... and another picture from that calendar. I didn't find much yellow so stenciled some yellow bubbles in there. I will probably add more bits. I will probably do a sewn binding, it will only be six to twelve pages, depending on what I decide. It is a year long project, one color per month. 

I am enjoying doing these challenges from other people. It gives me a little push to try something new. I've done collage a lot, but it will be a challenge to limit the color. Her book example was really small and cute, but I just don't want to work so small this time.

Here's the intro video for this year's challenge in case you want to play along




 post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)