Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Christmas 2020

    Christmas cards done, hopefully mailed tomorrow if all goes well with addressing them. If you are reading this, and you think you are not on my list, and you want a card, then leave me a comment. 
I haven't sent out cards in a long time. This year, I have not been making them as I go along so I had to do assembly line style, kind of a variation of what Maymay does. https://www.maymaymadeit.com/
She has lots of videos, and is a sweet Southern lady whose husband is her "sidekick". A little corny, but I really got a lot out of watching the assembly line cards, and although I didn't do them exactly like she did, and I had different papers and such, but anyway I did a LOT of cards in just one day, and if I don't use them all, I will put them away for next year, like I did the last time I made cards. 

A few are ones I made awhile ago. The slimline one I made the other day, but using clip art from a company that quit a long time ago, pccrafter. I still have tons of the clip art on a CD and should have a printing party and USE IT. When I made cards before I made a lot of prints of these cuties, I have a box marked "Christmas" and so I can just grab it and go. Here's the slimline one with cluttered background LOL sorry about that, I have a bunch of boxes out that I am STILL trying to empty from when I moved (it would be rude to ask when that was) although in my defense there's been a lot going on.


The cards are just going to be posted here so I remember what I did. I have enough of the two paper packs, cutouts and stickers to do probably 20 more cards, and I don't like sending people the same ones so I will make notes and hopefully not lose them by next year. HA. 

Both of the paper packs I used this year are from Echo Park, one called "Wise Men Still Seek Him" and the other is called "A Perfect Christmas". There are a few cards that I used Michael Strong's trees. I LOVE that set and have used it a lot. The top tree is from that set, with a background printed on my computer. It's one of the ones I made a couple years ago.

So a satisfying day, and we actually made it to a grocery store with our masks on and did the self checkout so we were good. I actually said hello to someone today, isn't it crazy to not do that every day?? Someday we will be done with this.

The last thing I did with these cards is add shimmer with a Wink of Stella pen. I'm just about out. It is a lovely shimmer, not glittery really but adds just a hint of shine. That really is a fun touch.

So Merry Christmas, and make sure to find out about the alignment of Jupiter and Saturn on the 21st of December. It's the first time that we will be able to see the "Christmas Star" in nearly 800 years! 

This Christmas season is sober. But it's still full of hope, because of Jesus.














 post signature

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

LOVE your cards!!! Paper packs make the best cards. And I'm impressed you get them all done. Well done chickie!! :)

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)