Monday, November 30, 2020

The candle of hope

As I am starting this, I don't know what the title is. I've been making Christmas cards, but I don't want to post them here until they are all done. I'm also trying to slowly put out a few Christmas decorations, and clear off things.  The tree is all lovely and full of light. There's an almost full moon out there. It's cold enough that you can see your breath if your are looking for it. 

My friend is out of the hospital fortunately. Still sick, not sure what that was all about. I am praying for no more loss this year. It's enough to hear about so many sick and dying all over the world. Somehow trusting that God knows what He's doing...

I sorted out some piles today so that's good. Some of them don't seem to get smaller, but they have to, since I am carefully avoiding making them larger. There are several bags ready for the thrift store, so hopefully tomorrow will get over there to dump them off. Some things I am sort of holding my breath about, some of my mom's things, some of my dad's, because I can't keep everything. I know that someone somewhere will treasure them, and so I will let them go, since that's much better than sitting in a box for who knows how many years. 

All in all... week one of Advent. The candle of prophecy, the candle of hope. The candles are supposed to be purple, but I don't have purple, so white will have to do. As I think about hope, I can reflect on hope in the midst of this darkness in our world. It will not last forever. 






post signature

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

I too believe it will not last forever. How wonderful to breathe life into those donated things. I did the same knowing others need items and they'll keep telling their story with new journeys elsewhere. Helped MD to part with my mom's things. White candles sound perfect to me, the little flicker of light burns just as bright. 😘

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)