Monday, November 2, 2020

Joy

I'm still not great at the photo editing thing. I edited it on my phone, but it wouldn't save the edited picture. So here's just the regular one. Last time it saved it, and it seems like sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, and blogger doesn't have editing capabilities, just larger and smaller. If you click on it, you can see it better.



This one was interesting. I was doing some dendritic prints, and got the idea to just do some in this teensy book, which may or may not have been a great idea. The right side page I really liked, and I made a seahorse for that side. I started doodling on the left and hated it so decided to cover it up. The quote has been growing on me. "Your joy matters... it's the greatest strength you have"
(from Woman Stands Shining)

At first I just had the JOY on there, but still wanted to cover up more and ran into that quote. You can still see the doodled thingy at the top and see why I might have wanted to cover stuff up. Now I'm leaning more toward the Rolodex again, because if you don't like it, *poof* in the garbage can, but since there's already a page on the other side, you can't just rip it out. 

I was thinking about joy being a strength. It IS a strength, because if you can tap into joy, instead of the sad, or depression, or other negative stuff... well, it's HARD sometimes to tap into, but if I can, then things turn around.

Today's sadness was overwhelming, now in addition to S in the hospital, R is. R is a little 2 year old, immunocompromised, only one kidney...poor little sweetie. She has an ear infection, and these things are super serious for her. Our local hospital is so full of COVID that she had to be transferred an hour away. Her mama is going through tough stuff at the moment, with another special needs child as well, I would be screaming.

What does joy look like here? I am thankful that we have a specialty hospital an hour away. I am thankful for prayer. I am thankful that there's a grandma nearby. 

I know it is all in God's hands. Otherwise, I don't know how folks take it. 

Just played the drums on a pot. Loudly. I drive hubby crazy.

Nehemiah 8:10 NIV "Do not grieve for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

I don't think this means we are never sad, but we also must remember... joy isn't just the feeling, I don't think. It's the knowing about the joy of the LORD. My joy is pretty weak... His isn't, because he sees the whole picture. 
post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)