Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Trying to save my sanity

I just felt like stamping little squares with a piece of sponge. So I did. I was going to do it plain checkered but that green snuck in there.

Now I don't know what to do with it. I think the squares look really cool, but it's just plain, but I don't know what to do.







A few hours later. I thought, wow that would be really great with a cover stamp on it. But I knew the chances were pretty slim of actually getting a good impression on this surface. 

So I stamped it on tissue paper, and glued it in place. I decided to leave some on the left side, for some contrast, and a spot to remember how it started. Besides, I didn't stamp a big enough piece to actually cover both, and am too lazy to get out the stamp and the tissue again, since I put it away already. 

And who knows where this "fall in love with the process" came from, it was in my head, and there it is on the page. Dollar Tree sticker. 

And yes, trying to save my sanity. Someone has the television on for the election news, and it is driving me batty. I just want to not watch and find out when it's over with, instead of the ups and downs of all the he won this state and they won this one, but this one is too close to call, and this one is too soon to tell. And this one hasn't even put up any numbers yet, and well we knew that state would be whatever color it is. 

So I paint and paint almost frantically, because I can't seem to keep my mind on anything else, so I'm thankful for the distraction and that I have stuff to create with. I did order some Rolodex cards and a thingy to keep them in, and some tiny stickers and such. 

So this won't be published until Tomorrow, but when (if) someone reads it, it will be today and I will have done it yesterday. And I may or may not have something else to add by then.

Maybe my sanity is not all the way saved.

*** And yes I added more. Why it is embarrassing that I am painting and gluing so much these days, I don't know. I do know there's a lot of other things I ought to be doing, cleaning the refrigerator out, scrubbing the bathroom floor, shrinking some quilts (in those shrinky storage bags. I'm excited to get them done. I don't use them, but I won't get rid of Grandma Mills' quilt, or Great grandma's quilt, or my mom's quilt, or the Needlers quilt, but right now they need to be stored.) I've done part but still have a couple to go.

But I needed to create something or other. It keeps me calm.


I decided to dip into the gelli print collection and do a background with it. I just grabbed and said THIS IS IT. However... this apparently had slipped into the gelli print pile, and it is what I grabbed, and I had agreed with myself that I would use whatever I grabbed.. THIS IS IT so here it is.


I just have a collection of all sorts of stuff that caught my eye at one time or another. Someone was selling collections of paper, and some was really great and there was some of this printed stuff in there. I used a lot, but never used this.


So I tore it up. And decoupaged it right on to the page.



So here's the plain page. It was kind of creepy, because I kept seeing words like "death" and "conqueror" and "irreverent" so I read more, and it was about some battle in Athens in 474 or something. 

But oh well, it will be somewhat covered with something, at this point I had no idea what. I walked away for awhile, and when I came back, I had the idea to ink blend this with oranges and yellows, and when I got done, I had an idea.










Of course, when I had the idea, then I wished I had done blues and greens. I stenciled some "leaves" and "grass" on it, and just put the circles on.

Now it looks kind of like a really warm day. And so I though about all that is hanging around these days and I thought....



                      Just Keep Singing











 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)