Monday, November 9, 2020

Cat Hand Motivation#3 and #4

HA. The internet is wonderful. It let me put the title, and then poof it was gone. And then I see that it SAVED it that way. Oh well. 

I liked this one. I didn't know what I was going to do, so I did strips, diagonally this time. It's a mix of Cat's "tape", my handmade tape, and some scraps of other stuff. The leftovers made a Rolodex card.

The internet wouldn't let me upload the edited picture... not a great day for anything it seems, but hey it's almost bedtime and tomorrow is another day. At the top you can see the rolodex card.
For this one, I used some gelli plate scraps. I love the one on the left. If you really look at it, it looks like a big feathery dragon or something, there's a face. I didn't want to cover anything up. It's funny, because Cat's stuff usually has a lot of stuff on it, like the one above. But I often don't really want to cover up the background. And that is fine. There are NO RULES for this. JUST DO IT.

And as the full quote says, strive for progress, not perfection. There was a lot of room on the one on the right, which kind of turned into mud, since I wasn't paying close enough to DRYING TIME. Progress, not perfection. Learn from your mistakes. And enjoy the ones that aren't perfect too. 

 

and the experiment of the day. Brusho. I brushed the paper with water, then sprinkled on the Brusho. I super saturated it, and swirled the water around. After I put a bunch on there I semi dried it, then sprinkled it with gold perfect pearls powder. It's really pretty in person.






post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)