Monday, November 9, 2020

Rolodex cards #2

I added some more cards to the other post, but it gets too hard adding pictures, they start jumping around and driving me nutsy. Right now, however, it won't let me add pictures that I just took. Now remind me why I'm doing this? Today was One of Those Days already. Went to print, it was out of black ink, so replaced the cartridge. Printed ONE THING... now it's out of colors. I don't have any here. Wait. GRR. 

Lots of memories hitting me, with all the people lost that were once in my life. It's kind of like getting kicked in the gut again, and partly, it's a reminder that I LET GO of people. I know that's totally the way life IS... but still. 

Michael C. I hadn't seen for many many years. He once worked for my parents, and he was such a great guy. When I got married in 1974 there were lots of folks that went by the wayside. That's usual, I suppose, you are choosing to go a different direction when you get married. And since he was a GUY that also played a part, husbands don't generally like it when you keep your guy friends, unless they are mutual friends, which they were not. 

I don't know, it just made me sad to know he left the earth. 

Sharon... I didn't know well, but she was a sweetie, and the niece of a close friend. Just very sad. She was just about the same age as me... and COVID took her.

Virginia was someone I knew when I worked at a church. Lots of people from there have died, because well they were 20 years older than me. Same with the folks from the other church, and same for the folks who lived at Gold Country and I've known them for 10 or more years. Old age happens. But still. 

Erla, Edna, Joan, Dennie, John, Esther, and on and on. 

Sometimes the sorrow comes from regret that I didn't keep up as well as I should have. Can't be everything to everyone, and losing my parents didn't make me want to reconnect with their friends for awhile, too sad. 

That's not even everybody. I've tried not to count, but about 20 people who were part of my past or present have died since January. 

Today I was making another Cat Hand Motivations page (another post) and I had lots of scraps left over, so I grabbed a Rolodex card and started pasting stuff on it. I've been thinking about memories of all those folks that we lost from earth, and that all over the world people are mourning, extra because of COVID. So somehow, I must turn to the memories, and remember the good and funny times with people. They aren't suffering any more, and they are happier than they ever were in life. 

So here are the memories. Patched together, none of them matching, yet kind of a beauty in the patchwork. Will upload picture when the internet decides that I can. 


why things are goofy on the internet right now is unknown. It won't let me upload the edited one. 
Some days are like that. Tomorrow is another day.




post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)