Friday, November 27, 2020

fun stuff!!

I do love to do these teensy rolodex cards. This one is in honor of GZ and MZ. I took over a jar of pickles to them, and of course they can't just accept it and be done, they must reciprocate. So G sent over a little bag of chocolate and salted caramel covered almonds. OHHHHH. So yummy. The ribbon on this is from the package. That little bird said it well. 

Not sure how I'm going to do it, but I'm thinking a thank you for the thank you may happen LOL



The other thing I did was start the Mixed Media Morsels Snack Bag journal. It's another teensy thing. The little journal is 3 1/2 by 3 3/4 inches. The bag themselves are only a bit more than 6 inches tall, they are meant to be snack bags. I think the ones I found are even smaller than what Cat did, but that's okay. The tiny things are just so much fun. 



The outside is not my art. It's from a card that was in my Stencil Girl order. But it was perfect!! The band around it is a hair elastic headband. I got a pack of those, thinking I would use them for my hair, but I have a large head so they are too small. This purple one was a great color for this, so I knotted it in the middle. Cat takes two hair elastics and loops them together for binding these tiny books, but this will work just fine.









Here's what the inside looks like, just blank, with a couple bag "pages" in it. There are videos with page ideas, so I'm going to get going on this. This was 2019's project, I did 2020's except for December. Yes I'm "arting" a lot but it's way better than the alternative, which seems to be wringing my hands and pacing these days. Arting helps me focus on the good stuff, and so does writing, which is why this blog exists. Funny though, I really have only told a few friends, so most of those who read it are internet buddies. Hope those of you who keep on reading enjoy my little patch of the world.

I also ordered a kit from Cat. It is for a journal in a tin. I've thought of that, for the Altoid tins I can't seem to toss. I made a teensy doll to go in one, and might do a journal in one. It actually would be fun to do these tiny things and give as gifts. 
Hmm or maybe a blog giveaway...  I can't believe that I've been doing this for so long.



post signature

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)