Friday, November 6, 2020

Rolodex cards

Yes, I gave in to Rolodex cards. They are so cute, and so quick. I did the first one in around 5 minutes. It would be fun on a card, or just in the holder to look through sometimes. So yes I jump around a lot. Sometimes I actually finish stuff. I am still working in my 3x5 book, doing the Motivations. I've just been doing whatever for awhile since all this life stuff keeps me on edge, and one must do whatever is needed to maintain equilibrium.

I did order these stickers. Not that I don't already have enough. I'm reorganizing them, however, so I can actually see what I have, in a notebook in page protectors, or photo pages, or those card things. It's so easy to just grab them that way. Better than just in the drawer where they get lost and peeled and all over. 
11/5/2020


everything looks the same size in pictures, but these are tiny rolodex card size, 4 inches wide, by 2 1/4 inches. Cat did a card that had "love this" on it, and then these cute little stickers had things I love on them. Butterflies, birds, flowers, ladybugs.... and paisley designs lol


Decided to also do the dividers. I was trying to figure out categories or something, but then I watched a video on doing rolodex cards and some used the dividers. Why not? LOL so they are just in when I did them order, oldest in the back.   This is a Gina K stamp, designed by Melanie Meunchinger. I saw the Maremi sentiment and thought it fit on the tab so just painted. Sponge painting on book page. I love the way the sponge painting is translucent so you still see the pattern of the print. I suppose you could even read some if you want. 

Feeling a little obsessed, but maybe I need to be right now.

11/6

I wasn't going to post this, I didn't like it at first, and I think maybe the S is upside down... but it's growing on me. And yes, love wins. Security envelope paper, with washi tape around the edges.


I don't know where the sentiment came from, I scribbled it on paper and it was just sitting there. I did the grab something and use it thing, and this was a paper I cleaned my purple brayer with. For some reason black stenciling caught my attention. And this adorable little purple flower, looking like it is coming out of a pot even though it's the punch spot. These rolodex cards are really thin, so it's good to glue something else to it. The flowers on the left are a Lawn Fawn stamp. I am making a whole notebook of tiny stamps, because I think I will use them on these tiny projects. I am loving them at the moment, because I'm done within 10 minutes or so, and that's about how long my attention span is at the moment.

11/7
Here is my little Rolodex holder and my latest card. It too is a pick up something and do it, and it was a page I colored a long time ago. It's actually a lion with a flower mane, but this little section is what I used. A couple little butterfly stickers and "believe" which was also just sitting there. Edged in brown "icing on the cake" ink from CP.

This is so cool. I love that I can stick the latest in the front and it will display for awhile, until I do the next one at least, but I can choose to display whatever one I want to. 


I've been reading a book in the night, A Happy Catastrophe  by Maddie Dawson. This quote just jumped out at me, and there was a sponge painted scrap, and they jumped together with a few stickers.... these things make themselves.

11/8/2020



This is at an angle because of the glare on the stickers. They are actually from some very old Girl Scout stickers that I got to make a Girl Scout memories page since I was a leader and also a Girl Scout in the far distant past. The scrap at the top is a mini file folder, marked "wish" on the tab. If you pull out the "list" it has my wish list on it. But the true wish list is on the outside, "character", "courage" and "confidence" which is what Girl Scouting is supposed to encourage. A good wish list to me. 

I haven't been doing much to these. I watch Cat's videos and they look so amazing. I don't, however, wish to copy anyone else's style, but have my own. 






Ink smooshing on paper that turned into mud. Kind of on purpose, because I knew that orange and green was going to mud... and I did it anyway. So I stenciled a little bit, then cut it up to put on this rolodex divider. The first sticker I saw was that don't be scared. I've been feeling like that so glued that on, and then had to find a bird, for hope, and TRUST screamed out. I don't plan these things, I just put on what feels right at the moment. Made me tear up though, because it's a struggle sometimes.

 post signature
 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)