Sunday, November 22, 2020

rolodex revisited: the messy start

I watched a video today, two actually, who were doing rolodex cards. I suppose I should give credit somehow but I don't think it's a "new" idea. 

First they taped together cards. The first one was doing each one the same basically, 16 of them! I didn't want to do that. The next was eight, but I settled on four. I figured no more than four similar cards for my own collection, even though they will have different sayings and embellishments, and I did not do them identically. The first lady did sewing on her cards, I'm not ready for that yet, I don't have enough sewing machine needles to designate one to paper.

The first picture is part way done, I used black and white washi tape to connect them on the front. Then I put blobs of color on, and painted how I felt like it. For some I used sponge (my current favorite way of painting) and other colors I brushed on. I dried each layer so I wouldn't get mud, 

The second picture is done and cut apart, but I haven't embellished them yet, maybe tomorrow. I will probably add some more stamping and stenciling as I finish each one. I like the start, though, it's easier than doing one at a time. I usually work on paper and then glue it on, and I still think that is easier with the painting part. I ordered a punch, so I think I will go back to that method. I'll do a whole background page and cut out my favorite parts and use the rest for other projects such as cards, Motivations, Art journal pages, collage... things rarely go to waste.



post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)