Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Cat Hand's MMMotivations #6

So. Do my motivation pages look like Cat's? Once in awhile. Usually? Not even a little bit. Lots of times I'll just let the idea sink in awhile. Then I'll do whatever grabs me. Today it was a paper napkin, after I saw what the sentiment prompt was. And it didn't even turn out like I pictured. I was thinking of drawing some little kids, carefully cutting them out... and then, thought about stickers. Didn't have any little kids (should I look for some?? LOL) but did see the birds and frogs. I think I got them for putting in a box for kids, then thought, maybe I'll do that, after I use a few. So here's a few. They are foam and so cute (to me anyway) and I think a bird standing on a bird on a frog is whimsical (to me anyway). 


And I got some happy mail today, for playing purposes. 
I was going to say it in Spanish, I didn't know "stencil" as in "I love to use stencils when I paint" but my my the word for "stencil" can also mean
 
1. (footwear)
a. insole
2. (group of employees)
a. staff
b. personnel
c. workforce
3. (sports)
a. squad
 b. team
 c. roster (list)
 4. (model)
a. template
b. pattern
 and last but not least, 
c. stencil

so there's context. Sigh. And believe it or not, I HAVE used a shoe insole for painting. It had a cool texture, and you wouldn't know that's what it was from unless you knew. And some sentences you can tell by the context, such as "Este zapato te quedarĂ­a mejor si le metieras una plantilla" which means you would like this shoe more with an insole. A stencil wouldn't fit. 

Not quite ready for Spanish conversation. At least about "plantillas". There could be other words for stencils that would be more specific. But in languages, you never know... I remember an exchange student that stepped on my foot and she said she was sorry she stepped on my toe fingers. I guess I looked puzzled. In spanish, toes are "dedos de los pies" which literally means "fingers of the feet"

But in English you can record a record, or beat a beat, or play someone in a play.... so I guess it's the same to be learning Spanish or English, which seams to bee jest a bet crazier. pan- pen- pin- pun bad-bed-bet-but..... and "cheeks" and "sheets". 

Thinking about Cleotilde, my Mexican co worker. We were trying to learn each other's language. I hope she did better with English than I did with Spanish.

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)