Thursday, November 12, 2020

creating? not today.

Today was Not the best day this week. I was looking at the obituary for a friend that died last week, and I saw another obituary of a young lady from the church where I used to work. She was only 31 and left behind a husband and two kids. Nothing is fair, life isn't fair... but.... in order to get through all this, I somehow have to have a different picture, not of loss, but of Heaven's gain. It's just sometimes it is like getting kicked in the gut. 

I couldn't even slop paint today. 

But I shredded a bunch of stuff, and started thinking about making paper, since I still have the deckle and such from my last paper making adventures many years ago. I know where there's a tub to soak paper in, and thanks to a shredder, I can shred some stuff.... I still have some of that very cool thick paper that really adds texture. I have some dried flowers in The Dictionary. I think, anyway. There's dried leaves in there, and I can always figure out something to put in the paper, maybe some GLITTER. HA. I love hate the stuff. When I was a church janitor it was ALL HATE because it is impossible to get out of carpet. But as a Sunday School teacher, it was all LOVE until of course cleanup time. I can use some snippets of whatever to add to the paper. Like bits of threads or fabric, or hmmmm. So maybe I can keep on going. 

Must just keep on going, keep on being thankful, keep on grieving, keep on comforting the others who are grieving, looking to see what the good stuff is. 
Tomorrow is another day.
  post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)