Monday, November 23, 2020

rolodex gone crazy

I have a very vivid imagination. That's a GOOD thing; it's also a bad thing. I'm really enjoying doing rolodex cards. It's fun doing things that get done quickly, and not a lot of money spent. I've watched a few videos, and actually listened to someone talk about how this rolodex/memorydex thing got started. 
It seems to me it's genius. However, you wouldn't want ALL your pictures done this way, it's too tiny. Maybe. They could be mounted full size; on some kind of stiffer base that would hold it. Recipes. Address cards instead of my file box. On and on. FUN!! my imagination loves imagining. 
Enough of my wandering. 
Number one of the spattered/painted cards. This one is in honor of my brand new granddaughter born last Friday. Under the Happy Day is another piece of tape with her name and details. I don't want to display that here. This was fun to be able to just grab a background, and I think I may do more series of four or six basic cards to finish differently.


And here's my helper today. She had a piece of onion skin on her nose, which means she has been on the kitchen counter. I never see her there, but I do find footprints there once in awhile, and rarely, she gets into the window. She destroyed one blind already... and she broke one of the pieces on the new one. Silly cat. This morning she's running around insanely. She keeps us entertained anyway.







  post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)