Sunday, November 1, 2020

pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks

Sometimes when I am challenged to give thanks, I start with I have a roof over my head, the birds are singing, the sky is not smoky, Some days it is hard to look for thankfulness. Especially these days when the pandemic deaths are going up up up and the president is saying it's just about over, we are rounding the corner. It adds a sense of unreality to everything, because part of me really really wants to believe him, but the fact is, a friend is in the hospital right now with this virus, and she is not expected to live. 

I wish this was the first time this was happening, but it is not.

BUT.... we can still pray, we can give thanks. And ask the Lord for peace and mercy.


This is a paper napkin decoupaged to these pages. (in my little 3x5 notebook) Then I doodled on them with black and white posca pens. This verse has been going through my head the last two days because of S. in the hospital, she is now on hospice, so they are not treating the disease any more, but just keeping her comfortable. And so the family waits, and waits. And wonders. And agonizes.

We have not turned the corner. 

But we still hang in there, one day at a time. 



I did some cards with packing peanuts before, but I think it was ink. It's fun to print with them, just smudges really, but something different to print with than you might have thought of before. Using my imagination is thanks to Traci Bunkers. She was my introduction to the style that really resonated with me, instead of deciding what to paint and trying to paint it--I am not good at that-- but just grabbing the paint and letting your painting or whatever you want to call it just do itself. Lots of times I wish I would have taken more classes, but oh well. Maybe after this you know what has run its course. This was inspired by that "Let your imagination wander" which was in a magazine, and then I saw the word "smidgen" and it came together from there. I couldn't find "what" so I made it myself, with a stamp set. I didn't get the t straight, but oh well. Still the teensy 3x5 notebook.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)