Friday, December 25, 2020

crumble and ink


Look how fat my little book is getting! I'm thinking of not putting any more in it, although there are still around ten pages. I will journal a little about the experience of doing it, and put it with all the various journals. I have quite a few of them. 
So this is probably the last page in my little book. Maybe!!  The birds are from Dollar Tree, they really do have amazing stickers there. The other ones are from some planner stickers from Katie Daisy. 

The background is a technique I did awhile ago, and I ran across the scraps so there you are. A piece of card stock, or paper...crinkle it up as small as possible.  Ink it lightly before if you want. Smooth it out sort of flat, but not super flat, and swipe it with ink. I used Distress inks because I have those little cubes and it's easy to use. Then flatten it more, and do another color maybe, or like me, swipe it with a metallic pen a little here and there. 






I had a scrap of metallic card stock and this die came to mind, it's intricate, and really shows off the metallic as well as not covering the background. I always think it's crazy to do such a great background and then cover it up. On this background, I lightly swiped it with Versamark and heat embossed it in gold. So it's pretty shiny. 

So a little creating today. It is surreal that it is Christmas Day and nobody's here, and I'm not anywhere with anyone other than hubby. I really want to take a walk but I can't, it's rainy and cold out there. In my younger years I would have been out there, but somehow walking in the rain is not as inviting as it once was. Reminds me of herding water, but that's another musing for another day.

We were out walking last night and ran into two sets of neighbors, it was nice to see them, but we only talked a minute, and then went home. It's just sad. And there are so many out there "living their life" as they say, and has it been worth it to isolate? I hope so. 


post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)