Tuesday, December 15, 2020

whose idea was this?

The first doll dress I wanted to do was for this little 4 inch doll, since she didn't exactly have her own dress. I got her from ebay I think, with a few other dolls, and they were dressed in odd clothes that didn't really match anything. So I got a few dresses from someone on etsy; but I wanted to make my own. I decided I would try one for Betsy first. That went pretty well and I got it done pretty quickly. So then I decided to go smaller. Good idea, I said. Sure. I think I could have made myself a whole dress in the time it takes to sew a teensy one LOL
But she's cute.
Here she is with her big sister.
 
This kind of reminded me of The Sound of Music when the siblings all had matching dressed made from drapes. I still have scraps of this stuff. I could make another dress for someone, maybe I should make scarfs to match and teach everyone to sing. HA. 

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)