Friday, December 18, 2020

The last Cat Hand Mixed Media Motivation

Cat's example has a napkin background. No napkin, but I found this tissue that worked. She had little squares of Christmas things, I didn't have any, but had the stickers left from my card making marathon.

This one made me laugh a lot.   Other than using everything different, I laughed when I was nearly done and I saw I had done it upside down in the book. BIG EYEROLL because it isn't the first time I've done that. Fortunately a lot of it didn't matter, and I carefully peeled up the stickers I could and turned it around. I saw that "perfect Christmas" sticker and knew it was perfect to cover a bit of tearing. And yes I smeared the lettering, and the white dots, but hey it was fun, and I like the results even though it is nothing like Cat's. And I've been agonizing a little about Christmas this year, it will be just the two of us, instead of any of our seven kids and families... but this sentiment is great, we will be fine, and we will isolate this year so we don't have to next year, and we will stay alive. 


I really do enjoy doing these little things. It's easy to finish them quickly, and it's fun to have a little book filled with inspirational stuff. I'm looking forward to what Cat comes up with this next year. And doing other stuff too. 

So off to print my Ginny dress pattern, and maybe get it cut out. I need to do dinner, but might just sew it later. 

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)