Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Crackled paint MMM# 27

A long time ago I bought some crackle medium but I never tried it, and eventually it dried out and I tossed it. Cat used ELMER'S GLUE. Cheap and easy, and I have that. I'm skipping a couple morsels until I get some masking tape and more colors than blue and purple tissue. I know I have more "somewhere" but I can't find it. I am getting way more organized but obviously not all the way there. 
First I painted with ordinary acrylic paint. Then I topped it with a pretty thick layer of glue. The one above had more glue. I like the smaller crackles, below, but it didn't crackle in the middle. That would be ok if I was going to put a sentiment or picture in the middle. 
All in all, I really like this. Would add lots of interest. It does require patience to let it dry, but I just did it at bedtime so it didn't bug me and I wasn't checking on it all the time.


I am also adding some of my own technique cards. This is marble printing. I taped a card in the bottom of a small box. I then put a tiny blob of blue paint and a tiny blob of yellow paint off to the side. Then I put 2 marbles in the box and tilted the box until the marbles rolled through the paint and then across the paper. I did some with more paint, but the lines aren't as good, they blend too much. It's a fun technique, and cute on cards. This is just to remind me about what techniques I've done. 


I guess it's supposed to be Throwback on Thursday and it's only Wednesday. This was Evelynama's last painting. She wanted so badly to paint again. She was disappointed but I loved this. It was pretty abstract because of her slight tremor... but quite lovely to me.


This is a painting she did when she was painting regularly. She didn't feel like she had talent. But her career was nursing, and caring for her family, and volunteering, and teaching Sunday School, and caring for everyone, her mom, her sister... so she said she had to time to develop her talent. I loved her very much. I am thankful I had the chance to care for her, and get to know her more deeply that one normally knows their mother in law. She was an amazing woman. 



No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)