Friday, October 2, 2020

Mixed media morsel #13 painted circles


This is my least favorite so far, I don't know if I will use it or not. Maybe. I didn't exactly like Cat's version, but when I saw the final project it wasn't so bad...so maybe I just need practice. I watched the video twice, but when I did it, it turned out nothing like what she was doing, so when it was dry I just stenciled over it, and I like that better. Thanks to Carolyn Dube for the Just Add Another Layer attitude. The second try was better. I still think it's ugly. I found some neon paint in the cabinet, I don't even remember when I got it, but it seems to still work. It is kind of plastic-y and took forever to dry. I think it would be good for dendritic prints, so I just may have to do that. If I do this, it's something I do ahead of time for drying. I might try again. For now, we're moving on. I don't have cardboard yet to make a little journal. Need to make brownies!! So the next is borders. Hers turned out really cute, we will see if I will do as well... and when I find the posca pens, I will decorate some of these more. Now where did I have those?

I'm frustrated today by blogger. Nothing will go where I want it, and then it doesn't stay. In my opinion it used to be much better. Oh well, I'm not changing again. 
How about a pretty leaf?? It's one I pressed a couple years ago, prettier in person.

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)