Wednesday, October 7, 2020

so am I painting too much? well at least not the walls... not climbing them either.

 
Something a little different. I love to do mandala dotting. I'm not good at it yet, one of those arms is sure wavy. It's soothing and fun. The dragonfly is a fridgie magnet I did a few years ago. The rock and card are from today, since I'm trying to remember different techniques to put in my notebook. I got a set of tools, I think they are for "nail dotting" but they work fine. It also came with some mandala stencils, I've used them for card making but not for dotting. Maybe I should use them as intended so I could improve my Neatness. LOL (I try not to do the LOL but I was actually doing that)


The other thing I did was MMM # 28, Scribble Scrabble. Remember doing this as a kid? It's still a cool thing to do in an art journal, maybe with doodling in the spaces... see how these little cards are going to inspire me? So far they have. Google mandala dotting and see many many examples. This is my little try. 

Here's the old familiar scribble scrabble. wow close up you can sure see the sloppy coloring. I guess I better put it under my magnifying lamp. 😂

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)