Wednesday, October 14, 2020

living through these days

As usual, the theme of life must be, one day at a time. Some days are harder than others. Some days have more tears. Some days are full of memories, good but some not. Some days I just need a hug. Sometimes I feel the presence of those that are no longer with me. Sometimes not. Some days there is more pressure, other days not enough. Some nights a lot of sleep, other nights not. The harder days follow the harder nights. So hopefully tonight will be a night of a lot of sleep, no nightmares or neighbors shouting in the night, just peaceful. Then maybe tomorrow will be a day of hope, peace, and letting go. 

post signatureAnd maybe some paper, paint, ink, and assorted oddments. Or maybe some thread and a quilt binding that has been needing to be done. Or maybe finding an unfinished project that I hope to have finished by the later part of November for someone's birthday. 

or maybe a nap on grandma's swing, watching birds and listening to wind chimes that make me think of my dear MIL every time I hear it. Maybe remembering that I am surrounded by love, even when I can't feel it. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)