Wednesday, October 21, 2020

prayer

Another art journal page. Sometimes I struggle with faith. Ultimately, I know that God loves me, that I can have a relationship with the Creator of the Universe... which seems incredibly crazy sometimes, but somehow I just KNOW that there is a creator, and that this creator loves us. Sometimes, faith is stripped down to just that. There are plenty of days I don't understand, but somehow, I just have to trust.





This is super multi media LOL... ink, paint, texture paste, stencils, markers, Brusho (watercolor powder) I love texture paste, this is through a stencil. 

Light and darkness, sometimes we feel like we're in the light, sometimes in the dark. Sometimes life is a sticky mess, but sometimes when viewed from a little distance we can see the whole picture. 

Most days are a mix of light and dark, confusion and understanding. I sure don't understand much of anything, but sometimes I just have to laugh as much as I can, slop some paint. 






a closeup of the texture paste part. 












Yesterday we went on a little drive, we got gasoline, and just went up I-5 for a few miles. With this pandemic, just being home all the time gets very old. We saw some freshly trimmed olive trees. They make them little cubes, and it reminded me of Minecraft Trees...  we were of course going past quickly, and they don't look much like cubes in the picture. Click on the picture to enlarge, and use your imagination a little bit. 👩👴  




post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)