Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Keep walking

I don't suppose you can see the color very well, that's the trouble with pictures, the color is never the same. I started this page with dry brushed dark blue, then covered it with stenciling in pale colors. The sentiment is from Martin Luther King, Jr.
"darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that"

Pretty appropriate for these days. Finding the balance between kindness love and forgiveness and standing up for yourself. Not always easy.









Brayered light colors, shadowy stenciling, then stamped flowers all over, traced with white gel pen. It would make beautiful wrapping paper other than I did it on thick card board...

These pages are large, done in a repurposed book. Probably 8 by 12. Bigger than my usual projects of 2 x 3 inches!













This is a baby wipe used for paint cleanup background. It is so soft. Then I stenciled over it with several different stencils, some dark blue, some white and yellow. The bird is a die cut, the sentiment a stamp.













It's a struggle to stay positive... but am remembering that God is our refuge... 








No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)