Friday, October 23, 2020

dendritic stuff.

A long time ago, I ran an after school day care, called Extended Day for the County Office of Education. One of the things they provided was classes to learn fun craft activities for the kids. The paint they used was Biocolor, kind of a plastic paint. It is awesome. Anyway, way back then I learned how to do dendritic printing, although nobody called it that. Now that I am reminded about biocolor, I'll have to get it out, and hope it isn't dried up. I remember doing acrylic skins, rainbows, scraped designs... bubble printing. I don't ever have enough time to do everything I am attracted to, but hey I can try.

Now we have the internet.  I was excited to see it coming up again. Cat Hand did a video, copied from Shannon Green, and you can see it here....   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOMS2Swk_4I

Sometimes when you brayer, you get small patches of dendritic effect. I'll have to try that on purpose! 

I don't have two big pieces of plexiglass, but I do have acrylic blocks, so I have been doing it on a much smaller scale. I have a seascape stamp set, and I am imagining what I can do with this because I did forget about it, and now I'm going to do it more. Here's today's collection, we will see what I will make with it. This session was about 5 minutes, with big acrylic blocks. I'm going to have to find some plexiglass.





post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)