Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Doodling

MMM # 21 Doodling
This is something I have done, I never feel like I'm good at it, but Cat's video helped me to just let go. I did most of the doodling on paper, and put the notes in my notebook. I also did a little card, I did an ink blended background thinking it would be easier to draw on than paint. I really need to figure out what works for this, because it's been hard to find pens that will write on painted or inked surfaces. Dollar Tree pens work ok, go figure. That's what I used on this card. I also used a micron pen, and that worked for a little and then started skipping. Research needed. 

I have also done zentangling. I found it to be fun. I've used it on journal pages, now I have some more ideas. 💓







My notes. I'm sure I will add to this as I think of other things, and remember doodles that I have already done. 

I think I'm ready to get out an art journal and do a page. I haven't for awhile. It does really help my stress level when I paint or ink or stamp or make cards or just slop paint on paper. There's so much I could do. Gelli plate. Dotting. Embroidery. MAKE THOSE PILLOWCASES. Get out those Bratz dolls that need faces. Sew the rest of that wall hanging. 

But I did get up early (5:30!!) and cleaned the kitchen and made brownies and fix breakfast. Next is to make some waffles for the freezer, figuring out what to order for fermenting veggies, see if I want to take advantage of the birthday points from CP or maybe get those circle punches from Joann.... they are after all half price. 


So I know the means of pulling out of depression, and I know that the first step is the hardest. I've already done the first step today, and now my job is to keep going, and keep plugging along.



#22 outline lettering

another great lettering variation. The background is natural sponge. I just noticed that a technique coming up is sponge painting. I love it. This sponge is about the size of a cookie crumb LOL but I have others so I should be able to go ahead with that one.












This just looks quite silly in a picture. It's an idea I got from Maremi Small Art. It's a baby wipe, flattened after it was used to wipe up paint. What you can't see in the picture is the lovely soft texture. I used it on a journal page, along with a piece of embossing, and some other textured stuff. It is irresistible to touch. So there it is in the notebook to remind me. The best wipes to use are those soft stretchy ones. I think any would work, but these have no little cutsie bears or anything to give away that it is a baby wipe. This isn't in Cat's videos, but I don't have any colored tissue, or masking tape, so I have to wait... 

One day at a time. There is no deadline. If there was, I'm a couple years late LOL!!



No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)