Tuesday, October 13, 2020

MMM Morsel Main Dish #2 Heart journal page

This series is to use the things we learned in the first series in actual projects. I am not good at shading, I have a lot to learn here, but I liked doing this. I did the background a couple years ago and never did anything with the page. Cat's project had an actual red heart, but I didn't have a lot of red to use for collage, and I had a lot of teal and purple, which seem to be what I do a lot. 

I cut a heart shape out of a folded piece of scrap paper and did a scrap collage on it with my teal and purple scraps. Then I attempted to follow Cat and her excellent shading skills. Oh well. And as I was doing this a song came to mind, Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart so that's what I was singing when doing this. The project made me smile, and that is, after all, the whole point of doing it in the first place, to get out of watching crazy political stuff that I can do nothing about, so I guess I am hitting the floor running with the next series of challenges. 

Here's my page. On the computer, the shading doesn't look bad. What do you know. The butterfly, would you believe, is a Dollar Tree sticker. 
I found it hard to write on the rough surface, but it's ok. 


post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)