Friday, October 9, 2020

Sponge painting, MMM# 29 and #23 painted tape






This first sponge painting is done with a tiny snippet of a natural sponge. I did it in 3 colors. The die cuts I got LONG ago before I had a die cut machine. Now of course I would love to have this die, however, when I got these there were around 30 leaves in different colors and I've used them a lot and there are still more. So honestly, I don't NEED this die.













I didn't think I had any suitable sponges, and when I dug under the sink, all I found were the kind with a scrubber on one side. After a few days, I gave up on going to the Dollar Tree, and cut up one of my sponges. It isn't square, it's wavy, so I cut a strip that was wavy. I'm glad it's wavy, because I like it. The bottom one was the first printing, then I did a second printing on the top one, to use up paint. I used two colors of pink and one red. Then I cut a square sponge from the scraps. It looks pretty cool too. 







I did a couple of pages of this to use up the paint. I'll use it either as journal backgrounds or cut it up for other projects. I love the texture. 

I had this all ready to publish and my page froze, and I don't remember all of what I wrote, so it might be a repeat of somewhere else, it's 11:11 so I might be tired.

I am encouraged by doing this challenge. I'm learning a lot, and it's stirring my imagination up so I will do some cards and journal pages. I'm still coming up with other ideas for my own section. Just admiring the stuff I've done makes me smile. 

All that is left in the challenge is painted tape and stamped tissue paper and shaving cream. I guess I talked enough about needing tape that hubby dug into his secret stash and got me some. So I put it on the waxed paper in preparation for tomorrow's doodling on it, it's too late to start anything tonight even though I would love to, except for Keeping Hubby Awake. I need to stay on his good side. 

I decided to add the painted tape to this one, I think it must be boring to have to read all these, I am thinking about condensing them all for a page. One can always edit....

This is so interesting. You put strips of masking tape down side by side and then paint/stamp/doodle on it. I did some doodling initially, but decided it was going to take way too long. So I put blobs of paint here and there, just painting nothing. Then I remembered this stamp....pictured below. I got it on clearance from club stamp, it's a whole set, but I love these kind of texture stamps for backgrounds, and it was this stamp I got the set for. 

After drawing some diagonal lines, and doodling and slopping paint on it, I decided to go ahead and stamp the rocks here and there, but I ended up covering the whole thing. Love it. 








It will be fun to experiment with this set. But that rock one is already a favorite. I also got some 12 x 12 paper, because it was also on clearance. It is gorgeous and will make some lovely cards. 














Here's the final morsel. Doesn't that tape look cool?? I cut it in half so it wouldn't overwhelm the card. The sentiment is from a stamp set I got that benefitted National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.  With a family member that committed suicide, I guess I'm extra aware. I just thought it fit well with the tape and the rocks. This is looking like a greeting card prompt. Right now my finished box is overflowing, so I'm holding off until I either write more letters or give away some cards!!


I'm down to shaving cream and tissue paper....  Not sure what's next. 

















post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)