Saturday, October 3, 2020

More morsels, Easy borders, mosaic, beginning of butterflies

post signature
I always love this stamp, because it is so true. Of course at the same time it isn't, because lots of friends don't have chocolate, and I need them too. 

The borders are from a magazine with stacked clothes things where you choose the color or pattern. It's hard with such a tiny card, but I think it would be great on a bigger page. And yes it's easy. 

I am enjoying this series by Cat Hand. It's the Mixed Media Morsels, from 2016, Appetizers. There is a series for each year, but I decided to start at the beginning, so far doing at least one a day, but usually a couple. Some, like this one, can be finished in 10 minutes or so. The next one, mosaic, was also quick and easy with such a small "canvas". The napkin one also took only a minute. 




The mosaic was created with a piece of card stock that I had stenciled with home made ink spray. I just cut it into triangles and fit them together. Pasted them down with mod podge. 

The stencil is one I got a lot of years ago, it's actually a henna stencil. It was influenced by Traci Bunkers, who does lots of multimedia madness. She was one of the first that attracted me to this stuff. 

And there's that teal and purple combo again...








 

The butterfly. You start by making what I call mirror smooches. A piece of paper, you fold it in half, put paint on one half, then fold it and unfold it and it forms a mirror image.

Then you cut out a pattern from card stock, and trace it to the folded paper and cut it out. You can get several butterflies out of one of these pieces, about 2 x 4. 

I made the patterns and cut them out of magazine pages to make sure I like the shape. The plan is to let the smooshes dry until tomorrow and then cut everybody out, then decorate with posca pens or whatever pens I find tomorrow to use.

After I cut out the magazine butterflies, I decided I will decorate them too, and use them on journal pages. I do love butterflies, and I have lots of butterfly stamps, which would also work to do with this, with mirror stamping. I'll have to try that. I even have dies I could use..... it seems the possibilities are endless!! HA. That's how my brain works.




The last thing is the Wiping Cards. I am loving this. It's a way to use up extra paint instead of mopping it up and putting it in the sink. Some of them are downright ugly, some are lovely. But like Carolyn says, just put on another layer. 



So far I like the circles one, that black and orange one is a little bit ugly, well, a lot ugly, but maybe stencil something over the top of it, or some white paint. The bottom one is interesting, but I am not sure I'm done with it. You can tell I like primary colors. Nice and bright. But I also like pastels, I think it's harder to get something I like with pastels however. 

I ended up using lots of black when I stenciled something, so one of the pages in my Unwasted Paint book is all black. I put a bit of red on it, I am starting to like it. I'm not done yet, though, maybe tomorrow.

Just trying to keep myself distracted from all that is going on. I listen to the news, and need to decompress. Every day something new. But right now there's a car race on, so that's better, until some kind of crash, at which time the men get all excited, and the women cringe. 👨👨👨👩👩👩👴👵

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)