Saturday, October 24, 2020

crazy/not crazy

I've gone months without posting on this blog, and I've been doing this on and off for a lot of years. Today, it seems crazy that I feel so pushed to do this so often at the moment, but then I remember "pandemic" and then maybe it isn't so crazy. I go days without talking to anyone other than hubby, and most days he's not much of a talker anyway. What keeps me not crazy is the amount of art I am currently cranking out, and then posting a lot (not all) of what I do. I decided to do a plastic wrap background, then I did that and had no idea what to do with it, but the opposite page of the book begged to be a collage. I know, pages don't actually talk to me, don't worry. I saw a National Geographic sitting there, already missing pages from something else, and that great big You Don't Have to give up" yelled at me. Some days it is hard not to give up, although really we have no choice, we just have to keep going. In order to see what inspired this, you have to look closely, there's writing here and there, and is it right side up? There isn't a "right side up". If you click on the picture it will enlarge it. 


















And then there's plastic wrap painting.

With this technique, you paint over the paper/cardstock/whatever and while the paint is still wet, cover it with plastic wrap and smoosh it. Let it dry awhile and then pull off the plastic wrap.



This one is going to sit awhile until I figure out what it will be. Right now I'm seeing mountains. Who knows what it will turn into.



I was thinking about friends that are artists. One is a sculptor. Another does these wonderful realistic watercolors. Another works in acrylics. One is very detail oriented, another just paints until she likes what she sees. We're all different. Some of us have had lots of training (not me, just high school and college basic art classes) and some do not. Some work with paint, some with fabric, clay,  yarn, plants... a bonsai artist!  and some make the most amazing dinners and plated beautifully. Some make music.  All of it makes me smile. I am blessed with creative people around me. And I'm sure there's a lot of creating going on that I never see...

keep creating.... keep putting one foot in front of the other. I'm talking to myself, but also to anyone who might stumble across this. 



you have to look closely to see the mountains. You have to use your imagination. On the left it says "I am dreaming of the mountains" in Spanish. I am studying Spanish again, and that's how it came into my mind. 









No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)