Thursday, October 22, 2020

play is reflection

I didn't have a single idea for this page, no plan. So I gessoed (primed) my page, and since you could still see the page (it had printing on it) and I didn't want that, I blobbed some yellow and orange on the page, and just started moving it around with a brayer. Could still see the background, so I added some white paint, and liked the peachiness so mixed it up. While it was wet, decided to sprinkle Brusho on it, and then spritzed it with water, and so just blew it around with a straw. Brusho has all kinds of color in it. This is the green, but it also has bits of many colors in it. The purple brusho was sitting there so I added just a little. Just blowing out all that insane stress. It looked pretty ugly. So grabbed some stencils and added purple. Still ugly. Added some stamps. I love parts of it, but the whole is kind of MEH.

But there are MEH days like that. So that's why the sentiment. What I am playing DOES reflect how I am feeling. Lots of times, when I'm done, I feel MUCH better. Today was no exception. Then I walked into the living room, and the news was on, so I turned around and added that bird. 

Is there hope? Hmm. of course, even if I don't feel it. I will probably doodle more on this when it is totally dry. Will add to this later if it improves anything LOL




post signature

after I did that I just took a piece of card stock and put some red paint on it and brayered it. I added black, then green, then brown then yellow until it was a complete mess. It felt good but it is sure ugly. So many times art journaling really helps me express the negative, and many times by the time I finish the page and it turns into something else.  I love it.  Tomorrow will be a better day.

 I thought I would add a picture of the dried ugly. It is a really good analogy of life .... you think all is lost and awful and ugly and then, some of the color seeps through, and when you look closely, there's some dendritic action going on here and there, and I think with some stenciling on the top.... it will turn beautiful. An analogy because we somehow need to trust the creator that in the midst of the ugly you might be able to see some beauty. 
Now someone else might still find this ugly LOL but I'm seeing some interesting effects here, and today I'll be adding some stencils and stamps and such. We will see...







and the latest morph of the play is reflection page... just added a little white gel pen to add some sparkle, then used posca pens to add a little more color. Knowing me, even a year might go by and I will add yet something else. Like visiting an old friend... yeah I'm odd. And proud of it. 


And the Ugly Mud... I found a stencil I don't think I ever used. I still have more shading to do here but this is a start. 

so ugly didn't stay ugly. I like how the blue and pink are in there. Not exactly tree color, but lovely anyway.




No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)