Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Linoleum printing

Found a linoleum print done by my mother in law. I really want to try to print it, but it's warped. So it's going to spend time under The Dictionary. I heated it a bit with my heat gun, not enough to make it soft, but a tiny bit pliable. So after a few days.... we will see. 

I did find MY little container that has linoleum for cutting in it, found a stamp sitting there, stamped on it and carved it. I haven't done this in a really long time and it was not planned. But fun to just jump and do it.




Evelyn's linoleum carving... there's a crack in one corner, but it isn't on a carved spot. I don't know if I will ever be able to get a print from it, but I'm considering just framing IT because it is so wonderful.









LOL my feeble attempt today. I know that the other way (more carved) works much better. I did some in the long past. I don't even know how good the linoleum I still have is, it seems pretty soft. 


I wonder if my rose is around somewhere... I did it both ways, carving in, and one with the rose raised. 

I have done so many things. A little here, a little there. Hand made paper. I ran across the deckle, still waiting for me to have a paper making day. I will!! 

So... keep creating. Keep walking. Keep breathing.




Here are some other things that showed up today. The boys on the left and the right are my creations, the cowboy was on one of Paul's birthday cakes. And where do I put all this stuff LOL And where did Goldilocks dress go?? And there's Laurel Burch's cat. I just love that kitty, it's a stamp but it sits on the shelf, and moves around when I need to get to something. And makes me smile every time. So that's what this stuff is, stuff that makes me smile.

But here's the tastiest thing I did today.



post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)