Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Gelli printing

I did some playing with a gelli plate today, but I didn't get a print that I just absolutely loved. Sometimes it takes a few more layers and maybe some stenciling added or maybe some birds on the top or something. Anyway I made a mess in my newly cleaned room. I laughed at myself, I've never spilled paint on the carpet, but now that the plastic thingy is on the floor I flipped my gelli plate onto the floor... on the plastic so it wiped right up.  It did land on my sock, but no big deal. Made an interesting texture on the print LOL and gave me a good laugh.

It's all cleaned up again, and I went through another box. YAY! I have some plans in my head, just need to figure out how to make it all happen. Evelyn's big table top is on the porch, but I don't know where the legs are. The plan is to re-arrange and be able to put that table in there. Of course there may not be enough space but we will see. Maybe my aunt's round table. 

At least I feel hopeful that this is going to get cleared of everybody's stuff but mine.

A few of the prints, that may or may not be done. What I do with them is either make them into cards, put them on journal pages, or tear or cut them up for collage. I love the color and texture...









post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)