Monday, October 26, 2020

Proud of myself

I spent ALL DAY in the craft room today. Not a bit of painting or stamping. I cleaned. Oh my. The biggest problem is this.------------->


We had this carpet in our house when my kids were little. The whole house. When we left that place I thought I would never have to see that ever again. HA. Here it is, still in the bedrooms that haven't been remodeled since... well. That was in the 70s. 



Imagine this. Amazingly, I have not gotten paint in this carpet. I picked out plenty of pins today however, and scraps of paper. Modern vacuum cleaners cannot handle shag carpeting. So I spent lots of time on my hands and knees today, with my little dirt devil hand held, which didn't tangle in the shag. It was actually kind of fun watching all the paper scraps disappear. I decided to do all this when being barefoot in there became a land mine. You drop something and it is sucked into the abyss...

My goal was to take the old plastic thingy that goes under desks for rolling chairs, that was my mom's and doesn't have a spot here, and put it on the floor, so maybe things wouldn't disappear into the carpet. However, I found out that it has been folded for awhile and was stiff. So it's in there with a bunch of stuff on it hoping that it relaxes and gets flat. If not, it's going on the driveway tomorrow and hopefully the sun will flatten it. Otherwise it will be Plan B, which is just shag carpeting LOL

Another good thing about cleaning stuff out is finding treasures. Apparently I took some lovely hot tea in there last year, I know it wasn't recent... and I don't drink hot tea in the  summer.  I've been wondering where this mug went, it's my favorite, and it's been MIA. Found it!!!

So I got a lot done in there today, finally tackling a little of MIL and Mom's stuff. SIX PILLOWS. So have some decisions about our pillows and if I want to trade some, or if I need to keep some for toy stuffing, but I can't imagine doing a lot more toys, and I have a lot of stuffing up in the closet. So I'm thinking of garbage can. 

Clearing out is a long journey, and I hope I'm done before you know what so my kids don't have to do it. This pandemic gives me extra incentive since it's more of a reminder that we sure don't know the future and we better make the best use of our days as we can. 

Joy to the Craft Room. 

post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)