Saturday, October 10, 2020

The last morsels, # 30, shaving cream and #31, stamping on tissue for rough surfaces

Oh I'm loving shaving cream painting. I did learn some stuff today. I did this years ago with liquid watercolor, of which I still have a few bottles... and I found the biocolor, now I have to remember those techniques. I've used a lot of it, but there's still a bit there, and it looks fine. I think that it would work for shaving cream. I remember the swirly stuff we used to do with biocolor. 

A few example of the pages that I did today with the shaving cream.
This was the first one, and was kind of disappointing. I didn't swirl it enough. But I didn't give up.....




This one was one of the last, I added yellow and more teal. I think the more you stir the better, to a point. 







One of the earlier ones. So many interesting textures in this. My pile of prints to keep for whatever is growing, I liked all the prints. 
One of the later ones. As I mixed it, it got greener. I did totally around ten of them.  This would be another great thing to do with grandkids. Next year is going to be so good. Please, Lord?? 















This is what I chose for the card for my book. It has some cool contrasts. I don't know if or how I will embellish it. 

The last one!! I stamped the mandela on tissue and mod podged it to a painted wash, which ended up a little rough. I did get a reminder that one should use PERMANENT ink and not regular, because as I was applying the mod podge, it bled a little. With Stazon it wouldn't do that. I love how it turned out. The stamp is from the same set as the rock one I did on the tape. It is really a cool set, and on Club Stamp there are lots of samples and instructions for more things. So maybe back to cards. 



  I love to create. I love texture and color. This has been so fun experimenting with all these techniques. I could move on to 2017 LOL now that I finished her 2016 challenge. I'm going to work on my Justine Hovey notebook for a bit, and I don't post those since it was a paid class.  I really recommend that, she has a ton of information in there, it was for an entire year with lifetime access. There are tons of youtube videos you can watch, but these are all in one place, and really thorough. 


post signature

No comments:

About Me

My photo
just a crafty grandma experimenting with all sorts of things. My main interests are paper craft of any kind and quilting/sewing. But I've done leatherwork, polymer clay, on-the-wheel pottery, painted molded ceramics, papier mache, stained glass, plaster casting, linoleum printing, paper making... you name it, I've probably tried it. A few I actually stuck with. :)